New content typically has a very short shelf life. An article on a lingerie trend or new product line may fizzle out after a few days, weeks or months. When it comes to social media, if it’s not a meaningful, helpful, or impactful piece (with a call to action to make the most of their attention in that moment), your audience may forget about it by tomorrow.
As a lingerie business owner, you have limited time to spend on marketing. You’re busy running and growing your thriving business. You don’t have time to waste on content that doesn’t help your audience and audience them to take action.
This is why you need evergreen content.
When marketers create their marketing plans, they factor in evergreen content first and foremost because of the value that it provides now and over time.
What is evergreen content?
Evergreen content forms the backbone of your content army. This is the content that you’ll be coming back to again and again. These pieces will be relevant to your brand years from now and you’ll be investing a lot of time into promoting them, so you’ll want to make sure they are in-line with your buyer personas and your business’s mission and vision. Examples of ever green content include detailed guides on bra fitting, videos on lingerie care, and lingerie storage tips and tricks with plenty of pictures for reference.
Benefits of evergreen content
You may find yourself writing 5,000 or more words on a topic that resonates with your audience and provides them immeasurable value. It may encourage them to visit your store for a bra fitting, make a purchase in your online lingerie store, sign up for your email list, etc. Evergreen content can also help you be seen as an expert in your industry and on the topic you’re discussing. A local customer may be looking for bra fitting advice, stumble upon your content, and decide to make a trip to your store for new bras. It’s a great way to move potential customers from online to offline and it can help you build credibility with people that may not know of your business yet, too.
Evergreen content and SEO
Evergreen content has SEO benefits. Every lingerie business owner knows that is in their best interest to create a website that is SEO-friendly. Search engine optimization is the key to being found online. The whole point of evergreen content is to create everlasting value. These pieces are timeless and always relevant. This is why we recommend a mix of evergreen and trend-driven content. Your audience would get bored if all your content was product promotion. It’s a good idea to switch things up – and to reference your buyer personas and buyer’s journey every step of the way.
What to do (and not to do) with evergreen content
- Create content with your buyer personas in mind.
- Stick with topics that are in-line with your brand.
- Include your secrets, tips, and tricks – this is your best content.
- Provide as much value as possible.
- Have an intention in mind with your call to action.
- Take as long as you need to create it. No need to rush.
- Incorporate SEO in your content – keywords, alt text, etc.
- Leave a lasting impression on your audience – keep them coming back for more.
- Use confusing lingerie industry jargon – keep it simple.
- Forget to promote, promote, promote.
- Ignore the stats – check in regularly to see how the content is performing.
- Get discouraged if it doesn’t go viral (that’s not the point with evergreen content).
- Forget to link back to your evergreen content in future articles and web pages.
- Only create a page or blog post – recycle and repurpose it into multiple forms of media.
- Abandon your content after a few months.
- Expect results overnight – it’s a long game.